In order to add the criteria and skills you wish to measure during evaluations, you first need to create a Scoring Form. You are able to create multiple scoring forms within the same evaluation.
To begin building scoring forms click on Scoring Forms under Setup in the left menu.
Clicking on the "Create Scoring Form" button will open a pop-up window prompting you to define your new form. Add the name, give a brief description (which will be visible in the mobile app), and select the type.
Scoring Form Types:
- Subjective - Select this option when you want to evaluate each player on a fixed scale, e.g., 0-5, 0-10, etc. When choosing the Subjective option, additional fields will be available to set the score max value and the scoring interval, (ranging from .10 - .25 - .50 - 1.00), allowing you to capture the exact level of score detail desired.
- Quantitative - Select this option when your evaluation includes measurable tests, such as a 40 yard dash, a recorded number of iterations completed, or a measured length/distance test.
Scoring Increments & Max Score:
When choosing the Subjective option, additional fields will be available to set the score max value (highest possible score) and the scoring interval, (ranging from .10 - .25 - .50 - 1.00), allowing you to capture the exact level of score detail desired.
Enabling Overall Comments
To enable overall comments (those not tied to a specific scoring criteria) - check the enable box and save the scoring form settings.
Note: If overall comments are enabled, evaluators will not see their completion status at 100% for the player unless they enter an overall comment.
Pro Tip: Enable overall comments if you want to encourage evaluators to record feedback not tied to a specific criteria. This is especially helpful for in season evaluations or general player feedback.
Now that you have one or more Scoring Forms created, notice the three vertical dots. Hover over the dots to get the following options:
- Clone - Allows you to create a copy of that Scoring Form with a new name within the Assessment
- Edit - Allows you to return to adjust the name, description, and form type as you see fit. Simply click "Save" to save your changes, or "Cancel" to return to your already saved forms.
- Paper Scoring Form - Navigates you to the Reports section so you can print a copy of the scoring form
- Delete - Will prompt you to confirm and delete the Scoring Form and all Evaluation Criteria defined under it.
Note: You will not be able to delete a scoring form or the criteria if there have been any scores entered in the criteria of that form.
Next Step: Creating Evaluation Criteria