Please note - this is only an option if your Player Import file contains BOTH Player Number and Player Pool. If you do not pre-assign player numbers, please follow Importing Players from a CSV File and Checking in Registered Players. If you plan to assign player evaluation groups, this will also need to be done in your CSV file prior to importing players.
Importing Players With a CSV File
1. To import a file using a Comma Separated Values (CSV) file you will first need to click on the "Add Players" tab on the left menu.
2. Before then selecting to "Add Players from a CSV File".
- Last Name
- First Name
- Player #
- Player pool
You do have the option for TeamGenius to generate player numbers for you. This option is available to select after the mapping process is complete.
There are other non-mandatory fields you may want to capture listed below.
- Eval Groups (if this option was selected in your assessment set up.
3. Once a CSV file is selected, you need to map your fields in the software.
You may discover during this process you want to capture additional information about your players (ex. School attending or secondary position). You can create a custom player field on the fly by clicking on "+ Add Custom Field" in the lower right-hand corner OR from the mapping drop-down menu.
4. If your CSV file contains column headers in the first row, make sure the “Ignore First Row” option is selected to tell the import engine to ignore that data. Once all the mappings are complete click on "Use These Mappings" to post the file to the database.
5. If you would like TeamGenius to auto-populate player pool names make sure the "Create New Player Pools" option is selected.
Select if your CSV file did not contain player numbers at the top right of the table.
6. Now, click on "Save Players".
7. The system will inform you of how many players were imported successfully and how many may not have been mapped correctly at this time.
8. If you have more players to import from another file, you can now import more players by clicking on the "Import More Players" button. Please remember to ensure that all fields are the same as the previously imported file and meet the minimum required fields listed above.